Welcome to Faith Tabernacle
Pastor Gerhard and Marlene Du Preez welcomes you to the the web page of The Full Gospel Church of God in Bellville. We are situated on the corner of Mabel and Barnard Street, Bellville. When visiting us you will experience a family church in a warm and loving atmosphere. As a family we enjoy worshipping God in a relaxed, spirit filled atmosphere.
We believe that the Church of today must be relevant without compromise, therefore preaching the unadulterated Word of God in a practical way. Our Sunday School makes provision for all ages during our morning services in a very caring environment. We also have a fully equipped mother’s room for mother’s with babies. Join us at the ‘Coffee Shack’ for coffee and snacks after every service. For more information on the various ministries in our church, select the desired option from the menu above. We are looking forward to your visit.
For more information, please contact us.
Message from the Pastor
In the last issue of Faith Talk, I wrote about the SEVEN witnesses that John called to testify that Jesus was and forever will be the Son of God!! The Gospel of John is a very unique book in the sense that it has numerous referral’s to the number seven. Of course, we know that seven is the number of completion and perfection (both physical and spiritual)
Besides the seven witnesses in John, we also find seven signs or miracles that prove to us that Jesus is God !
Here we have the seven miracles:
1. The turning of water into wine - John 2:1-11
2. Healing of the nobleman’s son - John 4:46-54
3. Healing of the man at Bethesda - John 5:1-47
4. Feeding of the 5000 - John 6:1-14
5. Walking on water - John 6:15-21
6. Healing the blind man - John 9:1-41
7. Raising of Lazarus - John 11:1-57
Another proof of the deity is revealed in the SEVEN - “I AM” statements of Christ Himself
1. “I AM” the bread of life - John 6:35
2. “I AM” the light of the world” - John 8:12
3. “Before Abraham was born, I AM” - John 8:58
4. “I AM” the good shepherd - John 10:11
5. “I AM’ the resurrection and the life” - John 11:25
6. “I AM the way, the truth and the life” - John 14:6
7. “I AM” the true vine - John 15:1
Interesting, John is the ONLY one of the four gospel writers that recorded the words “It is finished” - The finished work of salvation is accomplished only by the Son of GOD !