Welcome to Faith Tabernacle
Pastor Gerhard and Marlene Du Preez welcomes you to the the web page of The Full Gospel Church of God in Bellville. We are situated on the corner of Mabel and Barnard Street, Bellville. When visiting us you will experience a family church in a warm and loving atmosphere. As a family we enjoy worshipping God in a relaxed, spirit filled atmosphere.
We believe that the Church of today must be relevant without compromise, therefore preaching the unadulterated Word of God in a practical way. Our Sunday School makes provision for all ages during our morning services in a very caring environment. We also have a fully equipped mother’s room for mother’s with babies. Join us at the ‘Coffee Shack’ for coffee and snacks after every service. For more information on the various ministries in our church, select the desired option from the menu above. We are looking forward to your visit.
For more information, please contact us.
Message from the Pastor
In our last issue of Faith Talk we had a look at some of the names that is used in the HEBREW language that would explain and define the character and nature of God. These redemptive names of God is more than just a name, because as children of God we have the privilege and honor to remind God of His promises and His nature when we come to Him in prayer.
1. Jehovah ELOHIM - The LORD God - REDEEMER CREATOR Gen 2:4 “...in the day that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens”
2. Jehovah KANNA - The LORD who is JEALOUS Deut 5:9 “you shall NOT bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a JEALOUS God”
3. Jehovah SHALOM - The LORD our PEACE Judges 6:24 “So Gideon built an altar there to the Lord, and called it the LORD is PEACE”
4. Jehovah HOSENU - The LORD our MAKER Ps 95:6 “Oh come, let us worship and bow down;let us kneel before the LORD our MAKER”
5. Jehovah GIBBOR - The LORD is MIGHTY Isa 42:13 “The Lord shall go forth like a MIGHTY man”
There is POWER in the names of God. Let us NOT FORGET to make use of God’s names when we pray and worship this BIG, AWESOME God whom we serve ! God has NOT CHANGED and He still LIVES up to His names!
In the next Faith Talk we will continue with the Hebrew names of God.